Workaround: In current version of Panels 3.8, it seems this body field needs to be populated in order for title above to appear. This note is hidden by custom CSS style. Jack Latimer.
This project aims to compare the economic, social and cultural models of eco-city development in four international settings (China, the Gulf, India, and Europe). It will
- reconstruct the flow of imaginaries, ideas, designs, and technologies and how they settle down in particular eco-urban configurations.
- analyse how these imaginaries construct new material and social urban worlds and ways of dwelling in the city.
- understand how knowledge economies generate new transnational networks, new flows of investment and ideas that inform and link eco city developments in emerging economies with architecture, construction and planning corporations.
- understand the significance of eco-cities for European models of urban change.
- assess opportunities for international trade with the ‘rising powers’.