CRESC publishes research reports intended for non-academic users, stakeholders and audiences.
- Peter Folkman, Julie Froud, Sukhdev Johal, John Tomaney, Karel Williams (2016) Manchester transformed: why we need a reset of city region policy
- Diane Burns, Joe Earle,Peter Folkman, Julie Froud, Paula Hyde, Sukhdev Johal, Ian Rees Jones, Anne Killett, Karel Williams (2016) Why we need social innovation in home care for older people
- Diane Burns, Luke Cowie, Joe Earle, Peter Folkman, Julie Froud, Paula Hyde, Sukhdev Johal, Ian Rees Jones, Anne Killett, Karel Williams (2016) Where does the money go? Financialised chains and the crisis in residential care.
- Lucy Brill, Luke Cowie, Peter Folkman, Julie Froud, Sukhdev Johal, Adam Leaver, Michael Moran and Karel Williams (2015) What Wales Could Be
- Patrick Joyce (2015) The Journey West
- Marie Gillespie, Jenni Sargent and Claire Wardle (2015) The Paris Attacks and Eyewitness Media, Legal and Ethical Issues for International News Providers
- Mark Banks, Jill Ebrey, Jason Toynbee (2014) 'Working Lives in Black British Jazz: A Report and Survey'
- Marie Gillespie (2014), Opinion: The voice of Britain abroad
- Andrew Bowman, Peter Folkman, Julie Froud, Sukhdev Johal, John Law, Adam Leaver, Michael Moran and Karel Williams (2013), 'The Conceit of Enterprise: train operators and trade narrative'
- Andrew Bowman, Julie Froud, Sukhdev Johal and Karel Williams (2013), 'The foundational economy - rethinking industrial policy', available at The foundational economy - rethinking industrial policy – available on Scribd
- Sukhdev Johal and Karel Williams (2013), 'The Enfield Experiment'
- Sukhdev Johal and Karel Williams (2013), 'Turnaround or Churnaround on the West Coast Line'
- Karel Williams (2013), 'How Wales Can Win: New Possibilities'
- Karel Williams, Andrew Bowman, Peter Folkman, Julie Froud, Sukhdev Johal, John Law, Adam Leaver and Michael Moran (2013), 'The Great Train Robbery: the economic and political consequences of rail privatisation'
- ESRC, Sustainable Consumption Institute and Manchester City Council (2013) 'The Social and Cultural Dynaimcs of Total Carbon Footprinting in Greater Manchester: An Ethnographic Report'
- Michelle Bastian (2012) Fatally Confused: Telling the Time in the Midst of Ecological Crises
- Research briefing (2012), 'The Madness of Barclays'
- Andrew Bowman, Ismail Ertürk, Julie Froud, Sukhdev Johal, John Law, Adam Leaver, Michael Moran and Karel Williams (2012), 'Scapegoats aren't enough: a Leveson for the Banks?'
- Andrew Miles (2012) 'The Social Participation and Identity Project in Wales'
- Andrew Bowman, Julie Froud, Sukhdev Johal, John Law, Adam Leaver and Karel Williams (2012), 'Bringing Home the Bacon: from trader mentalities to industrial policy'
- Michelle Bastian (2011), Temporal Connectivities: A scoping study of the available research on time and community
- Greenhill Anita and Graham Gary (2011), 'The Role of Local News Media in University Public Engagement Report'
- Julie Froud, Sukhdev Johal, John Law, Adam Leaver and Karel Williams (2011), 'Knowing What to Do? How Not to Build Trains'
- Kevin Hetherington (2011), 'Archive Time: Museum Decadence and the Poetics of History'
- Mark Banks and Katie Milestone (2011) 'Individualization, Gender and Cultural Work'
- Andrew Hill (2011), 'A dragon? A firework? A kite?: seeing, the stain, and the Field of Cloth of Gold'
- Andrew Miles (2010), 'Understanding Participation in Culture and Sport' - available on GOV.UK
- Alban Webb (2009), 'Public Diplomacy: Meeting New Challenges. Report of Wilton Park Conference 902', available at Public Diplomacy: Meeting New Challenges - available from The Open University
- Research briefing (2009), 'An Alternative Report on UK Banking Reform'
- Sharon Macdonald (2008), 'Cosmopolitan Heritage: placements and displacements', available at Cosmopolitan Heritage
- Y. Li, Fiona Devine and A. Heath (2008), 'Equality Group Inequalities in Education, Employment and Earnings: A Research Review and Analysis of Trends over Time'
- Andrew Miles with Paul Strauss, (2008) 'The Academy: A Report on Outcomes for Participants'
- Johnna Montgomerie (2008), 'Private Equity’s Impact on the Economy and the Labour Market, Anglo-German Foundation' - available at Anglo-German Foundation
- Anna Schroeder, Andrew Miles, Mike Savage, Susan Halford, Gindo Tampubolon (2008) 'Mobility, careers and inequalities: A study of work-life mobility and the returns from education'
- Alban Webb, Rosaleen Hughes and Stephen Twigge (2006), 'Scholarship and the Freedom of Information Act': Year One. The Arts in Criminal Justice: A study of Research Feasibility Report of the British Academy Specialist Workshop'
- Jean Shaoul (2005), 'Accounting for subsidies after rail privatisation', Catalyst Forum, London
- Christine McLean, Andreas Hild (2005), 'Evaluating the experience of clinicians of the Electronic Care Plan'
- Christine McLean, Andreas Hild(2002), 'Agency and Responsibility: Accounting for tensions, hierarchies and the politics of distribution'
- Matei Candea, Fold and cut: a baroque meerkat story in two parts
- Adrian Mackenzie, 'Plying R: a statistical programming language and the credibility of data'
- Penny Harvey, 'Exploring How Things Take Shape: Research Notes on Ethnography, Empirical Sensibility and the Baroque State'
- Cultural Value Project: Case for Support, ‘The Values of Cultural Work’
- Anita Greenhill, Gary Graham, 'The Role of Local News Media in University Public Engagement Report'